After seventeen years of renting seven different office and church facilities,
we finally purchased our own church building in January 2021.
It is a historic property, only a quick walk from the United States Capitol, and in continuous use as a church since 1887. Resurrection's new, permanent home at 501 E St SE was built by freed slaves starting in 1883, and has been in continuous use as a home to Gospel-centered congregations ever since.
Learn more about its history below.